Sunday, January 10, 2010

"...admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all."
1 Thessalonians 5:14

This is a wonderful verse for Christians. It is perfect for mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers... everyone! It is quite a challenge to learn how to admonish, encourage and help. I think this is a good verse for a new year. I am going to pray that the Lord will show me other people who I can encourage and help and sometimes even admonish. It can be difficult to know not only the right words, but the right time to say them. It will not be easy, but that is why I think it says at the end of the verse "be patient with them all."

Lord,
Thank you for Your patience with me. Help me to be patient with others in order to encourage and help them. Therefore, in a small way Lord, I might be a reflection of Your amazing love and kindness and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment