Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding Beauty

"The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely."
-Louisa May Alcott

I found this quote the other day and immediately loved it. I enjoy finding beauty in the humble things. These are some moments I find beautiful:
~Pulling out a fresh baked loaf of bread!
~The dogs sitting faithfully near me while I'm outside, protecting me.
~The first sighting of a swallow in the spring.
~The first snow!
~My sister climbing into bed with me in the morning to talk and laugh.
~Sitting in front of the fire with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and my Bible or a good book.
~Holding hands for prayer at dinner.
~My Dad laughing at one of my jokes.
~My Mom and I being able to communicate with each other without saying a word.
~Family time, no words even needing to be said, just spending time with each other.
~A beautiful song reminding me of God's love and Christ's sacrifice.

What do you find beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. Warm hugs and conversation from my husband while I'm cooking dinner.
    The laughter of my children.
    Little girls and dress-up clothes.

    ReplyDelete