Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Works

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
What a thought. We are God's workmanship! Not only are we His workmanship, but we were created for good works. Good works that God prepared for us beforehand so that we might walk in them. I think this is awesome! I love that God designed me for what He wanted me to be doing. Sometimes I don't know what those good works are going to be when I am trying to peer into the future, but I know the One who does! He will show me what my works are to be and lead me so that I might walk in them. How comforting! There are so many good works, and we are not called to do all of them, but there are some for us to do. Cleaning the house, taking meals to families who need support, encouraging another Christian woman, obeying and honoring our parents, supporting our husband's or father's vision, discipleship, music, laundry, prayer, hospitality, or even just giving a smile or a hug are all good works. Just because they are good doesn't mean that they will be easy, but God prepared our work for us and prepared us for our work. Walk on!

No comments:

Post a Comment