Saturday, October 24, 2009

Washing Clothes

"Likewise, whoever lies down in the house shall wash his clothes, and whoever eats in the house shall wash his clothes." Leviticus 14:47
I think that passage is a very clear command to do our laundry. Maybe even for everyone to do their own laundry (haha, that would be a miracle). If we sleep or eat in a house, it is ours to do the laundry and if there is eating and sleeping there is going to be laundry. Now this probably isn't an encouraging and uplifting sort of passage, but it's there. Sometimes laundry is one of those chores that I become very weary of. It is never-ending. I mostly hate it when I can't get a stain out of my new favorite shirt. There are some dirt stains that we will never be able to get out. For example, our own sin. We will never be able to cleanse ourselves from our iniquity. Fortunately, God has already seen our need to be cleansed and washed. Thankfully we do not have to wash ourselves, because it would not be possible. Christ came and cleansed us from all our sin and dirt. Thank you LORD! Also, just as with laundry, our sanctification is a life-long process. It seems like I get close to being "done" or sanctified, but then I turn around and there is a new lesson for me to learn. A new area in which I need to trust the Lord. An old sin that pops up. But praise the Lord He is sanctifying us and is changing us more and more into the likeness of His Son.

"Such were some of you, but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:11

2 comments:

  1. Love, it Rachel!! What a great idea - it will be great encouragement.....now, off to do laundry! ;) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel ~ I love that God is showing you things of such great importance that you may mature and grow wise at such a tender age. You are such an absolute delight... I love it when I see Jesus in you. Bless you! Nancy

    ReplyDelete