Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dusting

Psalm 103:13-14

“... the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.”

I was dusting today and wondered what spiritual application I could get out of it. Well, I found this verse. It called us dust and that really made me think about how fragile we are. Dust is not something I would want to be, but it is true. You are constantly cleaning dust up. You can blow on it and it scatters. It isn’t pretty or useful or anything else desirable. But that is what we are... without the Lord. Fortunately God knows our frame. He remembers that we are but dust. He shows compassion to those who fear Him. How gracious! How wonderful!

Psalm 103:17

“But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him…”

No comments:

Post a Comment