Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sewing

"She makes bed coverings for herself..." Proverbs 31:22

I am taking this verse very literally right at the moment; I am making a quilt. The last one I made was for precious Rebekah Belle and it was a joy to be able to make it for her. Now, I am making one for myself. It will be a queen size quilt of reds and blues and just a simple pattern called the Yellow Brick Road. I will post later with a picture of the finished project (hopefully before Christmas).

Sewing is a worthy and fairly easy way to beautify and economize. Curtains, pillows, rugs, quilts, aprons, clothes and more. Time is always limited and so we need to be careful to use it wisely, but saving money or making our home more beautiful doesn't seem to be a waste of time to me.

Sew much to do, sew little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment