Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sugar and Spice

"Heap on the logs, kindle the fire, boil the meat well, mix in the spices..." Ezekiel 24:10

This is a very instructive verse. I like how it says to mix in the spices. I think this verse is a clear command to spice and season our meals and make them delicious. Okay, well maybe not a command (because I did take the verse out of context a little) but it is a good encouragement. Our families will be very blessed and thoroughly enjoy our meals that are tasty and healthy. We don't have to be a 5 star chef to make healthy and delicious meals. I am not a great cook, but I don't think that allows me to just let it stay that way. I am working at improving my cooking skills and that will probably be a reality for the rest of my life. I especially desire to learn to cook without recipes and just be able to throw things together, but that is definitely doing to take some work! I am not saying that there is a direct correlation between making delicious meals and being a godly woman, but it can be another way that we find joy in God's calling for our lives. Spice it up ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so you might be more apprehensive of your cooking abilities, but I think you can do well, and everyone has enjoyed your food. If I were in the U.S. I would still be eating Sante Fe Soup! ;) P.S. Really enjoying your posts!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete