Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made!

I can hardly believe it, but Thanksgiving is a week away! I wanted to take time on my blog to give thanks to God. So this is the start of at least a weeklong time of thanksgiving.

Psalm 139:14

“I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works and my soul knows it very well.”

What a beautiful verse. I especially love the part where it says, “my soul knows it very well.” How can we know anything about the human body and believe that it just happened? I thought, while talking about humans, who better to quote than Charles Darwin.

“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances from adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”

-Charles Darwin, Origin of Species, 1859

He then later said:

"Jesus Christ and his salvation. Is not that the best theme?"


Lord-

Thank You that You designed us, created us, and then through Your Son You bring us into relationship with You. We praise You and thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment